DWS are members of the following industry associations:
The Australian Stainless Steel Development Association (ASSDA) is a non-profit industry group that has been developing a strong and vibrant stainless steel industry in Australia since 1992. ASSDA could not continue without the valuable support of its sponsors and more than 200 member organisations who work with ASSDA to grow the market for stainless steel. ASSDA has a single purpose - to increase consumption of stainless steel in Australia. ASSDA’s commitment to industry market growth is proven in the information they provide, including accessibility to their technical support network, training and skills development, and various publications.
The American Welding Society (AWS) was founded in 1919 as a multifaceted, nonprofit organisation with a goal to advance the science, technology, and application of welding and related joining disciplines. From factory floor to high-rise construction, from military weaponry to home products, AWS continues to lead the way in supporting welding education and technology development to ensure a strong, competitive and exciting way of life for all Americans.
The Welding Technology Institute of Australia (WTIA) is the recognised national Australian body representing the overall interests of the Australian “welding” industry, with its primary goal: "to lead and assist in making Australian industry locally and globally competitive in welding-related activities”.
DWS are proud to work with the following engineering partners:
ACOR Consultants is an Australia-wide group of multi-disciplined Engineers, Infrastructure Planners, Managers, and Designers. They have over 16 years of proven experience in providing specialist Civil, Structural, Building Diagnostics, Building, BIM, Hydraulic, Fire and Petrochemical Services.
Automation Mechatronics is an engineering company specialising in Automation and Process engineering. Our main focus is total turnkey process engineering for food and beverage plants where we design, engineer, manufacture, install and commission complete operating plants.
Within the fruit juice and soft drink industries Automation Mechatronics have developed skills and knowledge covering all areas of production including:
- Water treatment
- Sugar dissolving
- Recipe batching
- Palletisers and pallet handling
This broad range of knowledge has allowed the company to expand into dairy, health foods, pharmaceuticals, warehousing and even the manufacture of automotive parts. We are always on the lookout for new challenges
Deacon Engineers offers the highest standard of mechanical and structural engineering. Their senior engineers have decades of experience in heavy engineering design and manufacturing which provides a stong foundation for us to be able to confidently provide our clients with high quality, sustainable engineering solutions. They have both design and manufacturing experience in a broad range of industries, with particular experience in specialist mechanical and process equipment. Deacon believe the integration of this practical experience with advanced technology enables us to deliver specialist, innovative solutions that always maintain the perspectives of our clients' requirements.
Specialist Engineering Services
- Finite Element Analysis
- Fatigue Analysis
- Strain Gauging
- Dynamic Analysis
- Fracture Mechanics
- Pressure Vessels and Related Equipment
- Mechanical / Structural Equipment Design
- Craneage and Lifting
- Conveying and Materials Handling
Modelling & Drafting
- Drafting Services
- 3D Digital Prototyping
Driven by a dedication to engineering a better global and local community, the highly skilled and personable team at McDowall Affleck is the key to delivering innovative and sustainable projects for our valued clients. McDowall Affleck is wholly owned by its employees, who are driven by their shared vision and the commitment to deliver outstanding results for clients.
Supported by a highly skilled and experienced team of Engineers, Designers, Drafters and Administrators, our senior team are responsible for delivering results for our valued clients.
McDowall Affleck has expertise in the following design, drafting, and engineering & project management fields
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Vessels & Tanks
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
- Land Development
Quadro Design uses the latest version of SolidWorks® to provide detailed drafting services. These include, but are not limited to:
- Prototype & concept design
- Working with companies or inventors to bring a design to fruition and achieve patent
- Enhancements to existing designs or installed equipment
- Detail drafting from hard to understand ‘engineering drawings’ by others
- Structural steel design & detailing
- Specialised machinery design & detailing
- Pressure piping design & detailing
- Design of equipment to Australian Standards (e.g. pressure vessels, heat exchangers, explosive cabinets, etc.)
- Site Measurement & Reverse Engineering
- There is often a need for companies to document existing equipment due to missing or poor quality drawings, to enable the equipment to be modified, or to carry out engineering analysis to ensure it complies with the current design codes
- Sometimes it may be a requirement to do a model of an entire existing installation to allow for plant expansion, or just for improved communication and training for staff & contractors
- Compilation of Parts Libraries
- For companies that have an extensive inventory of ‘standard’ products that they use in their internal design process or they want to share with clients without compromising their intellectual property